AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GreenSeeker Technology
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Zhang
Posted 1/30/2008 11:14 (#296818 - in reply to #293666)
Subject: Re: GreenSeeker Technology

Hi robaer1, I work for umac and I designed zonemap. I'm glad to help you get started using zonemap. Also if you have suggestions, please let me know.

1. First of all, you need to have an account with zonemap. If you have an account with our Digital Norther Great Plains (http://dngp.umac.org), then the same one will work for zonemap. To creat an account, follow the link at the front page of http://zonemap.umac.org.

2. Once you login, you need to start from an area of interest (AOI) that you have defined or create one if none exists.

3. After an AOI is chosen, the primary interface of zonemap is presented. The interface has two tabs, one labeled as Manage User Data and the other Create Zone Map. If this is the first time you use, click Create Zone Map.

4. In "Creat Zone Map" tab, there is a panel names as "Select source imagery", where you can select images from different satellite sensors or data that you may have uploaded by yourself. Please spend some time here to see different images. Let's say, for example, you find an image on 06-Jun-06 by TM sensor, select it, and click ">" in the Build list of sources to add this image into the list of images that will be used to create zone map. Multiple images can be added into the list.

5. Before you click "Preview Zone Map", there are two things you need to do. First, click each image in the list, choose the appropriate bands that will be used. Normally, a satellite image has multiple bands, corresponding to different colors. You can use all of them or just some. Second, decide how many zones you want. Or you choose "auto" to let zone map to decide the optimal number of zones for you. Now, click "Preview Zone Map" and a zone map will be created for you.

6. If you like the zone map you just created, give it name and save it.

These are the basic steps of creating a zone map. The other functions include how to upload your own data and to download zone map, which I will come back later. Also you will notice there are many "?" marks scattered in the interface, click it and you may find answers there.

Best
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)