AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Branding......waste of time anymore?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 1/17/2008 16:08 (#285439)
Subject: Branding......waste of time anymore?

Kansas
Salebarn close by doesn't even employ a brand inspector at sale day now. You could come in there with a truckload of cattle wearing 4 different brands and they would still sell and you'd get the check no questions asked.

I've been spending the last week and the upcoming one when weather straightens up helping a bud brand cattle. Not something I've ever done before. Here I thought this was a good idea and was considering getting my own for my stock and then pop tells me about lack of a brand inspector at several barns.

What stinkin good is it then? For I.D. when in neighbors pasture? We can do that with tags and tattoo i.d.

I usually run that hydralic formoso chute (CAdillac of chutes, I mean this baby is sweeeeet!!!) and the guy on the other side does the branding. We have one come in backwards the other day so squeezed him and worked him and I ran the branding iron. Buddy told me I did a good job. It was a perfect brand except................I put it upside down. Oh DUH! LOL.

What do you do now with cattle thieves and salesbarns that employ no brand inspector?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)