AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

outback and raven
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/29/2007 08:45 (#270286 - in reply to #270227)
Subject: Re: outback and raven

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Do not under any circumstances feed 12V into the Raven connector which might end up back into the Raven Console. The Raven power pin outputs 5V from the Raven console for use with the older wheel speed sensors. Backfeeding 12V back into the console will cause certain damage. I have seen this several times.

I am not familiar with the Outback GSI kit. It may in fact need to 12V to operate the GSI properly as the former poster suggests. I just want to warn you to be careful and not feed 12V into the Raven speed power pin.

For example when using a Raven radar with a Raven console, the situation there is that this cable takes 12V from the "outside world" into the cable which ends up at the Raven Radar to operate it but does not feed it back to the console. The power pin in the three pole conxall connector is physcially present but is not hooked to anything.

This is possibly the situation with the GSI cable and my warning be unnecessary. I know feeding 12V into the Raven Speed Power pin in the console will cause damage.

Edited by tedbear 12/29/2007 08:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)