AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer removal rates...your thoughts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mark, ncIA
Posted 9/12/2007 00:00 (#202378 - in reply to #202203)
Subject: Re: Fertilizer removal rates...your thoughts?

Ron,

I've got mixed results as well as mixed views, of the across the board usage reco's from extension. By and large I doubt you'd go too wrong using a person's own state's reco's. That said, I'm certain different soil associations within a state and certain farms within those will get better results using slightly differing recipies, vs. the broad brush that extension tends to paint with.

ISU's re's on similar ylds. would be slightly lower on P and slightly higher on K, according to the sheet in my desk, which is probably out of date. (Ames and north have sub-soils low in K)

In a sterile, controlled environment I'd guess a bushel of what ever would extract an exacting amount of X nutrient. In the real world of dynamic soils with all sorts of neat and different weather, flora, fauna, and mineraloligy(?), let alone limits of testing techniques, it probably ain't that simple.

Old rec's "here" based on soil tests and hypothetical yields used to result in build programs, with the yields we've had the past 5 or so years seems it's taken a removal rate based on true yields to maintain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)