AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corn fert.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Charlie SEMN
Posted 8/31/2007 21:38 (#196425 - in reply to #196191)
Subject: RE: Just curious?

Jon,

Yes, seed safety is a concern of mine, as I'm trying to minimize "salt" level while maximizing the K I can add in furrow. My fertilizer distributor is in close proximity to me and is very accomodating to work with. As a night and weekend farmer, there is value in convienence and flexibility. I've also had zero material (you mention shelf life - I've heard of & know individuals who have had problems with mixed fertilizers - primarily keeping K in suspension) or seed safety problems with these products.

As to your second question, I'm following the U of MN corn recommendations for P & K as part of a NRCS nutrient management plan. My soil tests for P are 18 - 26 Bray and for K are 115 - 142. According to the recs (Table 8 & 9) I should only be banding 10 - 15 lbs P and K for any corn yield goal. Although I'm planning to broadcast some K on the field I have below 120 for K. The link to the U of MN recommendations is below.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/cropsystems/components/DC...

That's my explination for why I'm doing that "here", thanks for your comments and suggestions. I really learn alot on this site from the exchange of ideas and comments on what works and what doesn't from each of you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)