AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mycoplasma
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 12/3/2011 13:21 (#2082446 - in reply to #2082411)
Subject: Re: Mycoplasma

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I know my neighbors cattle have come from SE Oklahoma and SW Missouri area. I have some from Mid East part of Oklahoma(they were weaned and been out on wheat for 3 weeks or more). Bought another load from LaJunta, Colorado and another from LaCrosse, Kansas area(not weaned but big enough to have been weaned, 575#-605#). Plus picked up a dozen or so, locally, within 30 miles of home. Really havent doctored many at all. Ones I have, I used Exceed on them, and they work back to eating at the bunk within a day or two.

By the way, Mark, your cows are fattening up nicely! Lost a couple cows, and one small calf. One cow. I'm guessing must have went into shock, after my son gave a LA 200 injection, as he said she just dropped dead in the chute(I was cutting soybeans, so can't say what happened, exactly) Other cow was a P3 that looked poor for awhile, and was not eating much. Found her in the pasture, looked to have lost or slipped her calf(never did find it). Tried to feed her in the pens with another poor looking cow, and she was dead a couple of days later. The other poor doing cow I have in the pen, looks better now. After some LA 200, vitamin shots, and a few boluses, she is shoving the 600# heifers I have in the pen with her, out of the way to get to the feed each dqy.(lol) The small calf, I believe died from scours. I doctored all of them for that, within the week I received them, thought they were all good to go, but found this one in the pasture a week later.

I should have taken some pictures of when I received them(reading your comments in another thread about loading "thin, thin, cows". I didnt take any then, but have some now, I will post sometime, to let you see how they filled out!

Edited by Jim1_ks 12/3/2011 13:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)