AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ben how should I graze this? Pic's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IL cow man
Posted 11/7/2011 18:09 (#2038101)
Subject: Ben how should I graze this? Pic's

Buffalo IL
I have a pasture that I have taken a picture of the regrowth. I am trying to get this grass better for high intensity grazing. The cows are on cornstalks and have been for awhile because we ran out of water in the creeks. I was hoping for more regrowth, but you Know how much rain we got in august and sept. The pasture I was really trying to rest got way overgrazed again as it still had water. Should I graze it this winter or try and not put cattle on it until April when the grass is regrowing to allow the other pasture more time to recover next spring. Could get a good solid 30 to 45 days of grazing out of pasture I believe? this has more clover than the rest of pasture. Having trouble with pictures. I'll put in a second picture. This pasture use to be the best thistle growing wonder until I got it divided and sowed the clover. I frost seeded clover before getting it subdivided and the clover never lasted as the cows ate the clover and left the grass. There is quite a bit of orchard grass also. The next two pictures are from August 1 in the same area of the pasture. The grass really did not regrow and the clover came in heavier.

Edited by IL cow man 11/9/2011 18:55

(Pasture 11-7-11 003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Pasture 11-7-11 003.jpg (75KB - 68 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)