AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

horse feed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

TIZHOT
Posted 10/28/2011 11:12 (#2023416 - in reply to #2021763)
Subject: Re: horse feed

Southern Saskatchewan
In the same situation and if the first horse you look at is a "kids horse" you beat the lotto odds! No horse should "need" grain to keep weight on. Even with pasture grazing on grass a horse can become overweight. I would take the cowboy of the area with you to check out the horse. I thought I knew enough when we went looking for a bombproof horse. Well I was wrong and now know alot more than I did. Not trying to tell you what to do but like I said we made the mistake. Bought a horse that was rode at a bible camp and thought ah all she needs is miles. Wrong. Now looking again. I had a older gelding here for 2 weeks on trial and found out it wasn't the horse the kids needed. A 2 week trial is great. Like it was said the horse has to fit you and boy that is the case so this one is going back,which was the understanding in the start. Lots of ads have hidden messages in them!! Telling you that its the best horse calm,no buck but not a beginners horse probably means the ?@#$% will bolt. You get what I mean! Good luck its a pleasure once you find the right one!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)