AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a few pics and a few questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 8/25/2011 02:48 (#1929414 - in reply to #1929052)
Subject: RE: a few pics and a few questions

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I like the pics. Well kept place there. I would use the Woodford hydrants, I feel they are the best. I don't have any of those type of waters, but the only problem I've ever heard of is wind blowing and freezing pipes, so I would use the insulated pipe. Make sure to seal all air leaks. As for the pump in well, I asked this question to my good friend who installs pumps, I was thinking about installing one. His reply was they are neat, good systems but cheaper to put a standard system in than putting the VSP system. For the price he said it wasn't worth it. Told me it, is more of a fad type of thing. Everybody wants the newest and greatest system. But when the VS system goes out, very pricey. He talked me out of it, he isn't afraid of installing new tech. He in fact has done quite a few of them, but he wouldn't put on his system.

As for a water meter, it would tell you if you had a leak. But here in our soil, it would show up in short time. Might be nice if you ever share water, but there is enough risks evolved with that, that I would ever share a well with someone. If you ever share well, just go in and dig line up, where they will hook on and install meter there. We've got one well that is at 865' just for cattle water, way up in the mountains. It is pumped with a diesel generator set. It is the best and most pure water for over 100 miles, ice cold coming out of ground. Curious did you have someone witch the well for you? I wouldn't have one drilled without my friend there to witch it. It is darn right scary how he does it, He has never missed one yet. He can give you gallons and depth of hole.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)