AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Washing Machine and Septic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/4/2011 11:17 (#1707762 - in reply to #1707673)
Subject: RE: Washing Machine and Septic

central - east central Minnesota -

Treatedseed - 4/4/2011 09:10 I am buying a house with a septic system. The current owner has the washing machine water being pumped outside into the yard. As a young couple with children we have alot of laundy, and I can see a nice puddle in our future. I do not want to tie into the septic system, but I have thought about putting a tile line in for the water to go into. Anyone have some suggestions?

If it's allowed, I'd do as Badger suggested - drainfield line for the waste water to leach into the soil. You can use a rock trench with drainfield pipe or the plastic domes. I would not want to have kids/pets around any waste water (washing machine) playing around or walking through such and area - just in case.
Here, the county makes all septic system be up graded when a home changes hands (in the country - city is hooked up to city sewer treatment). So, here you would be required to have all waste waters generated in a home be flushed into a septic tanks and from there into leach fields or mound leach system.
From your limited info, It appears your septic system isn't designed for the size of the home/occupents.
A septic tank needs to be managed, and pumped at least every two years . . . . . keeping the waste that don't break down readily (and sludges)  from clogging baffels and leach field ~

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)