AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any body have a HEART like this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WhiteRiver1
Posted 2/14/2011 10:13 (#1613482 - in reply to #1610921)
Subject: Re: Any body have a HEART like this?

Fayetteville Arkansas
I had a freak accident with my heart 5 1/2 years ago. It started as a heat stroke on a 92 degree day(June 28) and as I started to violently get sick the surging cracked the plaque in my lower right ventrical and sent a signal to my brain that I had ruptured an artery so it clotted off the bottom half and eventually led to total failure. The paramedics say that I was legally dead for 14-16 minutes while they shocked me on full power for 14 times and it restarted. I'm very thankful for those guys not giving up on me that day(second time I died). I was in awesome shape with all my numbers looking good, you never know when it will be your time so enjoy your days....:) It really throws your body and mind into a spiral when as a control person everything is now out of your control. The biggest adjustment for me was being able to "feel" the stints with every big breathe or big heart beat. My Grandfather on my Father's side died much the same way, CHF while plowing, my dad found him with the tractor against a tree and him still in the seat. The rehab is tuff because in the back of your mind you wonder about pushing yourself after the event.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)