AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any body have a HEART like this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John SD
Posted 2/13/2011 17:33 (#1611871 - in reply to #1611398)
Subject: RE: Any body have a HEART like this?

Yep, I got one of those things too. St Jude mitral and aortic valves and a pacemaker done here at age 40 in '03. No bypasses. Now I'm on the second pacer.

My pillow isn't quite as pretty, and I didn't like it for the intended purpose anyway. I used an extra firm regular pillow instead.

As to the lifting/weight restrictions, use common sense and think before you do something. One of my first outings after my surgery was to the spring open house lunch at the AGCO dealer. Had a new MF tractor in the shop where the lunch was served. I went to climb in the cab to take a look. Reached up for the handle on the cab to pull myself up and soon found out my chest certainly wasn't ready for that.

I soon learned to compensate until I was up to speed again. I took the fence stretcher along to open and close tight gates. Had to be careful riding the 4 wheeler as the jarring through the handlebars bothered me. No hard pulling on wrenches. No carrying 2 full buckets at a time right off the bat. There's just a lot of little ordinary stuff like this to think about and try to compensate for while you are healing.

Edited by John SD 2/13/2011 17:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)