AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

General Motors Deserves to go out of Business
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 1/10/2011 22:38 (#1540428 - in reply to #1540232)
Subject: RE: General Motors Deserves to go out of Business

central - east central Minnesota -

Indianajones - 1/10/2011 20:52 As most of you know, I am a GM Service Technician and have been for almost 25 years. Seen a lot of cars come and go in that time. I have to say, I have never seen such crap coming out of GM as I have in the 2011 models. Of the last 5 new model vehicles that I have done pre-delivery inspections on, 3 have had electrical component failures right off the truck. I have not had 3 PDI inspection problems in the last 5 years or more. 2 GMC Terrains dropped off Friday had dead batteries this morning and an urgent email bulletin for a reprogramming to fix the problem at the start of business today. 2011 GM trucks have had delivery stopped until a campaign can be completed on rear differential cross pins that can fracture. 3 trucks are sitting on the lot until we get parts. If they have been delivered, it has to be towed into the dealer to await parts arrival. General Motors wants to herald their reemergence into the market and how great their quality is. Better than Toyota they say. I say Bull&hit. They have bankrupted the suppliers that they did business with and the ones who now compete for business are producing such low quality junk just trying to survive. Until GM gets their number 1 cost under control (LABOR) so that they can put the money into better components, They will never be a viable business and build a product worth buying. End Rant INDY

If LABOR costs are such a problem, and GM gets it under control - will it roll back to the dealers service centers? And could a GM owner expect cheaper LABOR rates on repairs? "Just saying"
I doubt the current problems are related to labor - I do agree with you, that sourcing least cost and recieving inferior quality parts is a large problem - but created by management, to buy the cheapest, without reguard to meeting spec's/quality.
I made a decision to not buy a Traverse, due to your comments about the reliability of the 3.6L. I hope GM gets it figured out and you are not some disgruntaled employee . . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)