AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Year of Feeding Dangerously
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Funacres
Posted 1/9/2011 22:50 (#1538219 - in reply to #1538086)
Subject: RE: Making us think out of the box.....

Texas

I'm starting to think "out of the box".  I've never worried about having all of the milk I want to drink before, but now I'm starting to think it might be scarce soon. 

I think I'll hurry and get a glass tonight before I can't afford it anymore. 

I may have to get used to that old yucky "Soy Milk",  or maybe just give up breakfast cereal and chew more Tums before bedtime.  It sure is rough to get old without milk.  Just thinkin' (out of the box) about how rough it would be to be young at a time like this, and not be able to have plenty of milk.

I remember some years not too long ago when it seemed like the local dairies were the only ones turning a profit and expanding their business.  I used to sell my alfalfa to them and marvel at how well they were doing.

Now the little guy is out of business and the big dairies are adding cows due to low profits.  Soon we will be drinking imported milk at a price we've never paid before.  Sounds like the oil business.

I guess the old soybean is going to sustain us yet.  Biodiesel and Soy Milk.  Yuck.  Maybe I should just mix them and try that!  I'm sure glad AgTalk has helped me "think outside of the box".  (barf)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)