AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Tara Farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

illfarmr
Posted 9/15/2010 13:13 (#1360579 - in reply to #1360555)
Subject: Very good advice

Central Illinois
I think a lot of us may have oversold 2010 crop, and worry about what to do. Others may have such poor yields, financial security may come into play. I hope that everyone has some sort of insurance coverage. It may not pull you to break even, but it may let you play in the dirt one more year.

I am not an expert , or even close, to recommend to anyone what they should do to maximize income. I took a RISK, with stop losses, of buying ten March contracts. I have some double up features on some new generation contracts that I wanted to cover, just in case. As we pass different resistant levels, I have raised my stop loss point. I have also talked to my buyer about rolling a few contracts into September or Dec. 11 hedges. Those contracts are at 4.60 and 5.23, so I think they will still be good hedges, even if a year late.

I DO NOT recommend anyone take my advice, but it is what I am doing. But I think you have to be willing to acknowledge that the anticipated yields are not there this year. You must also be willing to change your mind, and position, if later events prove you wrong, or if conditions change. Maybe we should stick to yields we know. If someone else has different yields, let THEM post it.

P.S. Why don't some of you people post your yields on the Harvest Map at A+
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)