AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hate to be the raincloud
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farnerbob
Posted 9/12/2010 17:07 (#1356831)
Subject: hate to be the raincloud

After watching the corn market rally for the past few weeks on a smaller than expected crop, I have some political concerns.

I didn't know if i should post this in the boiler room or here, so here it goes...

We all heard about the shortages of wheat around the world this summer chatter about some countries not being able to feed their people, let alone export any of their crops. What if the US government took away the 50 cent ethanol credit overnight to ensure there was enough corn to feed the the people. The old argument of food vs. fuel but this time there is 10% unemployment higher taxes coming and a general unrest about the economy.

I would hate to see corn get to $5.50 to $6.50 and the political winds shift hard the otherway and 1/3 of the corn usage (ethanol) is wiped out overnight to ensure the American people have access to food, and save tax payers money on the 50 cent credits.

Don't tell me the government wouldn't do it either, we have seen them do some incredible things in the past 18 months that we swore would never happen.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)