AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iowa State Fair Grand Champion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Markwright
Posted 8/23/2010 20:44 (#1329098 - in reply to #1328320)
Subject: Re:Reading the Bevonce instructions,

New Mexico
they're pretty particluar about the LIVE ear cells.

Thus I'll still stick with the theory that it's much easier and cheaper to clone a live animal rather than a deceased one.

Irregardless, I do not care anyway.

I BELIEVE in outlier non usa related cattle or equine genetics ( even in purebreds it's still ALL about heterosis ).
Several other folks obviously believe the same as myself ( quite a few "shop the globe").

The next best widget so to speak is out there in the World somewhere.
Granted some folks are better at finding such, then applying such, vs others.

And I'll guarrantee You that cloning the last generation supposed great, does NOT find the next one.

I found it pretty interesting that there were a few Traveler 23-4 bull calves on test at Midland this past season.

They did OK...but nothing to write home about so to speak.
There were at least 250 other calves which did better in various aspects.

Jeez the way Midwesterners talk..did Heatseeker or Heatwave have any ears left when they died?
Hopefully nothing cloned was a known genetic defect carrier, but so supposedly good that folks up there decided even cloning a genetic defect is thus now acceptable.

Probably won't matter anyway.
Down here if a dwarf with plenty of hair shows up, we all joke about it being the current "show club" model then sell it as a home beefer for 25 cents a lb.

Times change. Being stuck in the past ( like cloning truely is ) does not change with em.

That simple.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)