AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$5 corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 8/14/2010 22:10 (#1315887 - in reply to #1315825)
Subject: Re: $5 corn?

"So E goes up and consumer buys it. ho hmmm. just gas. "

E goes up, Stories start showing up how E is driving up the cost of fuel, and food, and grandma's denture cream, and the States that have laws on the books that say if E is more expensive than gas you don't have to blend it exercise the option, and the consumers raise a ruckus, and?

"The govt actually charges ALL of us right at $19 Billion to give You that $6.75 billion"

I'd be interested to see some kind of figures to back that up.

"You due to your slanted perception of what's right vs what's wrong, so be it ). "

I'm not dealing with what's right and wrong, I'm dealing with what is. I'm also not advocating or excoriating the tax incentives, they are what is. Ethanol is a traded commodity, it's price is set in Chicago, whether there is a blenders credit or not, doesn't reflect in the price of Ethanol. What Ethanol is worth, compared to gasoline, is what it's worth. If the $.50 blenders credit goes away, it doesn't change what Ethanol is worth. What it does do, is take that $.50 out of the Ethanol market, and the Ethanol plants are going to have to come back and take that out of the producers pocket or go broke. From a marketing perspective, the potential loss of the blenders credit has a chance to impact the corn market. As a producer, I have to take steps to attempt to mitigate that risk.

Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)