AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rechargeable battery question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 3/13/2007 20:27 (#119354 - in reply to #119029)
Subject: Re: Rechargeable battery question

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
My HP 735 digital camera would eat standard AA alkyline non rechargeable at a fantastic rate,usually not more than 15 pictures if 30% involved the flash. I went to a Rayovac model PS4, 3 hour charger with a float setting to maintain the battery's at full charge . This charger has a switch to adjust it for charging either Ni Cad or NiMH battery's, I tried the Ni CAD's first , and they would do about twice as many pictures as alkaline non rechargeable. Later I tried NiMH rechargeable batteries and they will do about twice as much as the Ni CAD's if you have the 2600 mAh ones. Says on the Ni MH battery that they are 1.2 volts Battery life in the Digital camera ,electric toothbrush and Garmin pocket GPS unit seem very good.
The only problem I have had with the Rayovac charger and NiMH battery's is that if left in the charger for several months to always have a hot set of batteries ready at a moments notice, it seems to finally dry out and ruin the battery. I don't know if this is the nature of a NiMH battery in an always on float charger, or if this Rayovac charger is a little off spec and slowly cooks the battery.

Edited by Jon Hagen 3/13/2007 20:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)