AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bought a Used ThinkPad - Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/14/2007 07:10 (#119579 - in reply to #119460)
Subject: Re: Bought a Used ThinkPad - Questions

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the replies - I mentioned that I bought this computer at a store because of the ability to ask them for help.

Well, it appears I was wrong on that one. I called them yesterday about a couple of questions and got nowhere. I realize they have a bunch of High School and College Kids working there but I expected them to be "Geeks" and know a bit.

Actually in using the unit yesterday, the battery did not seem to "run down" quite as quickly as before.

Diet - What is the purpose of the button on the bottom of the T-30? There is a soft rubber boot near the battery compartment. It feels as if you could access a mementary switch by pushing down firmly on this boot. Is this some type of Reset?

The Kid on the phone thought that it might allow access to the BIOS - I notice a message on the initial startup screen that indicates F1 would get me there.

Concerning the Windows Key - All my Desktop machines have one and I never use it. The Thinkpad has the Desktop button and I launch everything from the desktop anyway. Matter of habits I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)