AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

backup hard drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/14/2007 07:09 (#119578 - in reply to #119524)
Subject: RE: backup hard drive

Chebanse, IL.....

Owen

Thanks for explanations. I have my doubts on this service, but maybe you're changing my mind. I didn't realize the encrypted part at all. You're right...that does make a difference, I guess. I'm not familiar, just what encrypted means re. computer data & how it totally prevents others from reading your data.

But, to further continue my thoughts....what about the integrity of that person (?)/company that actually now has your data? It's now residing on their hard drive somewhere (?)...right? Do you know them? My point of the greeter photo is that I suspect this business may not be based in US or certainly not by familiar American faces.

Re. being a target for theft over your wireless...your single site would be a pretty labor-intensive project for someone wanting to steal data. However, I'd assume someone like data.com is pretty much a concentrated point of critical data....right? You're right, there probably aren't many "favorite bar-b-q recipes" stored there due to cost. So-if I were after such data, I'd probably go where millions lie instead of hundreds, figuratively speaking, and attempt to get it either with our without cooperation of proprietors.

I'm just skeptical, that's all. Thanks for your time explaining.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)