AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

backup hard drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/13/2007 07:12 (#119031 - in reply to #119021)
Subject: RE: backup hard drive

Chebanse, IL.....

Owen, thanks for backup.com idea.

Here would be my worry about that service. A few years back a few of us started using a photo album web hosting site. It was a nice service, economical, and nicely configured. I don't know how long it had existed before we found it, but we must've used it 6+ mos.

Then guess what? One day you click on it & GONE! Out of Business. All the albums you had arranged, edited, & applied text to were history. They folded...left town...disappeared. Of course, all my photos still resided on my HD, but perhaps there were some trusting souls that had deleted their HD photos thinking they were now stored somewhere else.

So....do you have any personal thoughts on the solidity of backup.com service? I realize the chances of you having a HD failure & them folding on the same day are minute....but both are still very probable by themselves. I have NO experience or knowledge with that site, but I'll be sure to check it out. Putting photos there may be one thing, but do you put your documents & financial records there? Just the "greeter photo" scares me a little:

http://www.backup.com/ 

Thanks-Ron

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)