AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using GS2 2600 on 1770 Planter WARNING
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 4/27/2006 00:37 (#8100 - in reply to #8046)
Subject: Re: Using GS2 2600 on 1770 Planter WARNING

I realize that but what I was trying to bring out was we are in the middle of the country and it's half over here already. The poster sounded as if spring was just about to start. You folks are on a whole different schedule down there. Used to visit with some farmers from down on the gulf coast and they were several months ahead of us on most things. Whole different way of life. Different weather patterns to work around.

Most seed companies are guilty of the Iowa mentality (no disrepect to Iowa farmers) They think you don't need seed corn until the end of April and that by the end of May you should have it all picked up and ready to return.

Did your Dad ever work out of Plainview or SA? We hauled milo seed out of both places. Never did get as far as Uvalde (sp?) In SA we loaded out of an old rr turn house and in Plainview they'd take us out west of town to an old gin. Liked the long run, gathered up a lot of miles, but the plants kept a better schedule in Iowa and Illinois. Came home out of Plainview one day non stop into Newton, KS, 8.5 hours. That was before the days of cell's and I had to stop to call my kids and tell them good night because they had loaded me late and I didn't get home in time. We always knew that we could not depend on getting loaded on schedule when we went down south. In Plainview "first thing in the morning" might be as late as 10am (even with tme pushing them) first thing in Clarion Iowa means they loaded 4 other trucks and were ready for me to back in the dock by 6:30 in the morning.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)