AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using GS2 2600 on 1770 Planter WARNING
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 4/27/2006 08:18 (#8154 - in reply to #8138)
Subject: Sorry my mind was not engaged last night

Didn't mean to confuse your FIL with your Dad.

I don't miss the seed business at all. Started in 80 and quit after Jill passed away in 02. Something had to give. The only thing I miss is seeing people that I had become friends with through the seed business. Sometimes it amazes me at the lack of common sense in the business industry. If as a farmer I operated that way we'd be out of business in a year. Prior to our hauling milo out of Texas, Asgrow was shipping it to Parkersburg, Iowa and then reloading it and bring it back down to the distribution center we ran for Asgrow. An extra 660 miles of freight for 900 bags of product on every load. If we had only gotten a couple pallets or something like that I could see it, but our property backed up on I-35 so the trucks went right by our house and we were getting 5 or 6 loads of milo a year in here.

Sounds like we're going to have an extended break because of the weather. It's still too wet to get in the field and they've got showers coming in tomorrow and for Friday one of the forecasters last night said there was a 99% chance of rain and that for the entier 3 day rain event there could be as many as 4 or more waves of rain come through with a total rainfall for some areas around KC of as much as 7 inches!!!! Glad we've got our corn planted.

Later,
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)