AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

??? for Chad H, agboy and others about the Snowies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chad H
Posted 1/27/2010 00:32 (#1043508 - in reply to #1043486)
Subject: RE: ??? for Chad H, agboy and others about the Snowies

NE SD

I can tell you that if you are looking for boondocking, the Snowies are a better place to be than if you are a hill climber. I'm not much of a hill climber so that's why I like the area. I've gotten to know the area quite well, and it does take some skill to ride there at times. Many times if you aren't afraid to thread your snowmobile through some trees you can find meadow after meadow of powder to play in.

I don't think Marc has done much if any riding in the Snowies. The absolute fastest route we have found is to go out around the north side of the Black Hills through Sundance, drop down to Lusk, and take I25 to Cheyenne. Whatever you do, DO NOT take the pass from south of Wheatland to Laramie. We did it one time and it will NEVER happen again. We can make it out there in about 11 hours on this route so it shouldn't be too bad of a drive for you. We have been there through Grand Island, North Platte, Hot Springs, etc. and the route I linked is the fastest.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=from:+conde,+sd+to:+faith,+sd+to:+sundance,+wy+to:+lusk,+wy+to:+laramie,+wy&sll=43.965145,-103.914185&sspn=2.004489,2.927856&ie=UTF8&ll=43.842451,-100.766602&spn=4.017065,10.041504&t=h&z=7

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)