AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop apparell--
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CVA Farm
Posted 1/26/2010 09:39 (#1042105 - in reply to #1041648)
Subject: Re: Shop apparell--

NE S.Dakota

Chaffer guy, I am not sure if you were looking at the Steel Blue boots. If you are, after looking at the web site,I found out that Travs Outfitter is the USA distributor. Just so happens I had heard their ads,on the radio, since I am 40 miles from Watertown ( where Trav's is located)that's where I got them.

So I guess, not the most accessible for a lot of people. 

Here is their info:

Trav's Outfitter Inc
515 10th St. NW
Watertown,  SD 57201
USA
Tel: 605 882 1739
Toll-Free: 1 866 508 5894
Email: [email protected]
Online Store: http://www.travsoutfitter.com/

The ones I have are a mid height steel toe, they seem to be very well built, and one of the few boots that did not hurt my feet during the first few days of wear. Not cheap though. Hopefully they will be worth the extra $ I know ECCO's and REd Wings are not cheap either.

A friend of mine who is a cop swears by Danners, I know a few guys who wear the ECCO's to work, and turn them in under warranty for a new pair,after a year or 2. So far they have been getting by with it. I don't like that idea,since ECCO does not claim  to be a work boot.

I bought a pair of Wolverine steel toes once, my feet never hurt so bad,during break in.

I guess it all depends how your feet react to the boot, but a solid construction is going to cost.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)