AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop apparell--
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 1/25/2010 20:19 (#1041149 - in reply to #1041006)
Subject: Re: Shop apparell--

In 1978 I shattered the cushion that runs under my right foot steeping off a tractor & onto a sharp rock. For several years I had to wear special inserts made specifically for my feet at a cost of about $600 . Dr said I would have to wear them the rest of my life. Someone told me about Ecco shoes and how they have added support built into the soles of the shoes. I bought a pair of their hiking boots to try & found I didn't need the custom built inserts. Feet actually felt better than when wearing the pods. Since that time all my shoes are Eccos, work boots, dress shoes, even had Ecco walking shoes that I wore when coaching HS softball.

Even trying a pair of non-Ecco shoes on my right foot will ache before I can get them off. They are more expensive than regular shoes but worth every penney IMO. I won't buy anything else. Problem is that they don't make a true work boot. I wear the hiking boots which only come in a "tie" boot. Also, they have deep cleats which track in a lot of dirt & mud into the house. Either you'll need an understanding wife or take them off every time you come in. Luckily my wife is understanding, more so after I bought her a rug shampooer ( which I use) :~)

Edited by boog 1/25/2010 20:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)