AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My wife in the "Lime Light" Today.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Craig Milligan d:^)
Posted 1/13/2010 10:27 (#1020430 - in reply to #1020147)
Subject: RE: I'm Fluent in Sign Language as well.

Indianola, Iowa

She does tell me where to go, on occasion in Sign Language....but it's okay, because I am fluent in Sign Language as well.  My Dad lost his hearing to spinal meningitis at the age of four....so I of course grew up with it, and it was actually my first language.  I have always loved languages and also studied French in High School for two years, self taught myself Irish Gaelic, (all three dialects) and I am now working on learning some Scots Gaelic (Gàidlig).   I know at least a few words in 16 languages.  My daughter's boyfriend is learning German and we work together sometimes on learning more words auf Deutsch.

It is great fun to meet someone from another country and to be able to at least say "Hello" and such to them...in their own language.  

When I visited Ireland a few years ago, the locals said my Irish Gaelic was better than most of the locals....and it always made for instant friendship....not to mention they bought a Guinness for me, too. :o)

Some mornings when I wake up, I have to admit, I get confused as to what language to think in. LOL.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)