AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

living with relatives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 1/12/2010 08:56 (#1018542 - in reply to #1018327)
Subject: That brought a smile

North End I-15
and a few memories back . Life back then was seemingly more black and white.
My 8 year younger brother was a total different lad. He had a tall shadow to walk under . My folks were not going to make the same mistake with him as I :>)

Years later we are closer than then , he was quite young when I left home . I always thought he had the better deal . He always thought I had the better deal ..... LOL He to left home @ graduation from HS , Joined the Navy . He was a total hyperactive attention deficit kid .
Like I said , Dad was on the school board till all of us kids got the "Velum"
By the time I got through college they didn't give sheep skins either :<(
Mater of fact , the rule then was , "IF you do not attend Graduation you will not receive your Diploma "
I was Teaching in California @ the time of "College Graduation " and could not make it back to Montana . High school ran till mid June there .
When I did get back to Montana I went to the College Registrars office to pick up my "Sheep Skin " I wound up in the President of the College's office for a nice sit down chat with the gentleman . He gave me a nice note to take to the Registrar and I got my Diploma with out attending Graduation ceremonies . :>)
Plus a nice apology from the registrar .

We had gotten cross wired a few years earlier over a grading situation , I was right , she was wrong , I made her dig through boxes of archived records to get my point across . Another story of fighting petty bureaucracy and winning !!!! :>)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)