AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

living with relatives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 1/12/2010 02:27 (#1018327 - in reply to #1018323)
Subject: RE: Well , 13 F's do not qualify

SW Saskatchewan
If you won't write your biography, at least do a documentary on the history Channel---maybe with Ken Burns!

Like you I was one of the young kids at college, started when I was 16, spent my 17 th birthday drinking beer in the Saskatoon Legion with a buddies BIL, the air force didn't pay too good and he didn't mind the kids buying the beer!

One of my best friends at college was 25 and freshly married--his brother had taken theology--the father had given older son $3200.00 and told him to take care and it would see him through four years college-it did. Younger son, my friend, took the same deal and it lasted him till Christmas when the college gave him a "required to discontinue"!

Papa didn't think #2 son was living up to the families good Presbyterian name so gave him the old heave-ho. One of the neighbour families was from Missouri and took pity on him-rented him a room and found him a job as a collection agent for Sears Roebuck in the black section of Kansas City.

When I met him back in first year ag after his time in purgatory, that man knew the value of an education! Kind of made sure us young-uns didn't do like he had done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)