AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

living with relatives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 1/11/2010 19:44 (#1017415 - in reply to #1017244)
Subject: Why did you wait so long ?

North End I-15
I was in College @ 17 :>) Of course Dad footed the bill till the 13 F's showed up in the report cards sent to parents as I was not 18 ..... I managed to intercept the first quarters grade report but missed the second.
Oops :>)

My first teaching job was in California , By then I was 26 and had just finished college .
The Superintendent took a look @ the first page of my transcript and had a deep furrowed frown on his face . As he turned pages he relaxed and @ the last page smiled . Last 5 quarters of college were honor roll .
He said ," your the kind of teacher we are looking for ! " . :>)

Yes !
I had made it , a real job in the land of milk and honey !!!!!!

And was one of the highest paid beginning teachers out of our small time hick Montana College @ the time .

Most often the high paying jobs were on the Reservations ...tough to get teachers in to that environment .

Alas , I was a country boy , left after 2 years of the Golden State and headed home to High Country Montana Mountain Valley Lumber Jack Country ...but thats another story :>)

The Superintendent held my tenure contract in hand thinking I would change my mind . For who would walk away from a life time job security contract ? Me :>)

I often wondered if I made a dumb mistake , Could have retired 20 years ago if I had stayed ... but as my father always said ......"If your Aunt had balls she would have been your Uncle." :>)

Took me a long time to read the meaning of that . :>)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)