AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Been to Maxwell Street? (In Chicago)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 1/10/2010 17:26 (#1015315 - in reply to #1015242)
Subject: Re: Been to Maxwell Street? (In Chicago)

Back when we raised cattle & the Chicago Stockyards was still going we would vist Maxwell St everytime we took cattle to Chicago. As a kid it was really something to see. They cleaned it out years ago. I believe the scene in the Blues Brtother (btw, one of my favorite all-time movies) was all staged, pretty sure Maxxwell St was cleaned up by then. The fleas market area was only a small section.

When we went up there we always stayed either at the Stockyard Inn or the old Palmer House. Both top of the line places to stay, specially the Palmer House. Always ate at the Stockyard Inn at least one night, fist place I remember where you picked out you steak & they cooked it for you. Aways visted the Museum of Science & Industry and in the winter would take in a Blackhawk game, took in a couple Stanley Cup playoff games back when Bobby Hull & Stan Mikita were playing for the Hawks. Loved riding the "L"

I was in Chicago last fall but didn't visit downtown. Place just doesn't appeal to me anymore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)