AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2" trash pump troubleshooting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 4/13/2024 21:01 (#10705804 - in reply to #10705571)
Subject: Try one of these

NNW Nebraska
You are right up against the limit of how high you can suck water.
Get your pump close to the well, even with a elbow on the pump, pointing straight down. Foot valve at the bottom and fill it completely with water.
Still seems like a pain in the butt deal, to put up with.

Try one of these pumps and put it in the well, little below static water level then you wouldn't have to worry about priming it.

https://www.amazon.com/Shysky-Tech-Brushless-Submersible-50E-24150S/...

I have one of these, on a well with almost no head, pushing around 300 yards through 1" pipe. I think max power usage is around 85 watts. I have 2 - 160 watt solar panels on it. It will water over 100 head of cattle, every day, cloudy, light rain or light snow, using a 11 ft tank. I have it hooked up 12 volt (nominal) because I was afraid 2 panels in series might run to much over 24 volts. With a storage tank, 1 - 100 watt panel might water the amount of cattle you would put on that small acerage.

Previously used some small dc pumps. Like for circularing heater water, in vehicles or transfer pumps. they all had brushes and a few months was the end of their life.

Don't run it all year, but it is now on its 5th year. I bought a spare, just in case.

I did have a problem with it, possibly because I have so much extra wattage of solar panels on it so it will pump on overcast days. It would pump all day but wouldn't restart the next morning. Disconnect power and re connect it and it would pump all day. My solution was to put a timer on it to delay on power up, I think it is set at 1 hr.

I believe it pumps around 6 gpm but with 20+ ft of head it would probbly pump a little less. And they do have smaller ones that might do your job. Listed as maximum static head is 49 ft.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)