AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter vac motor plumbing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

aquafarmer
Posted 4/14/2024 23:19 (#10707108 - in reply to #10705276)
Subject: RE: Planter vac motor plumbing

Missouri
the case drain is there to keep the leakage pressure off the seal the port should be closer to the shaft end of the motor . I would take the speed control valve off and put the snap coupler on the hose plug it back in , get a clean bucket take both hoses off the motor put them to the side of the bucket and down this helps not spray back at you hold them there have some one cycle the control pay , attention to which hose gets oil out which direction then hook the motor back up test the direction the vac turns do all this at low speed low volume settings this will tell you if the snap couplers scvs and hoses are working and in the correct place , if it runs backwards you can change the hose at the scv . I would than get a plate and mount the valve on the planter have a hose made to go between the valve and the motor hook the pressure hose to the valve make sure your hose is clean if it fails to work after adding the valve back in . reverse the valve . by putting the valve on the coupler you are adding torque stress on the scv unnecessarily wearing it out and can only plug in one scv ,if you look at ppi in Quincy il they have a lot of different color hose spiral wrap you could make all the hoses red on right blue on left than wrap in pairs with your own color to port position top to bottom . I would also consider adding a check valve between pressure and return letting oil flow from return to pressure after the speed control valve to let the motor harmlessly spin down no mater how fast you shut it off , I hope I have helped you not made it more complicated cheers bryan

Edited by aquafarmer 4/14/2024 23:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)