AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is with memorial money made out to charities?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

40DODGE
Posted 4/11/2024 11:24 (#10702941 - in reply to #10702647)
Subject: RE: what is with memorial money made out to charities?

W. Kansas
Seems to be the norm around here and I agree that it can be somewhat of a pain. Usually if you turn them back over to the funeral director, they will get them where they need to go, after you've gone through them(after all, you just payed them a typically large sum of money for their services).

Here's my involvement with the subject, apart from donating to memorials myself and from a corporate standpoint...

I was an instructor for our 4-H shooting sports in the past. A gentleman that was a big supporter of our program passed away and our 4-H shooting sports program was one of his requested memorials. About a month after his passing, his widow(which I knew well), came into my office with all of the checks. I had a great conversation with her and she actually had me add up the individual checks and then she wrote a check matching the memorial checks. I was floored with her kindness and the kindness of those who also wrote a check. It was a big influx of money that allowed us to expand the outreach of our program.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)