AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is with memorial money made out to charities?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Eric in ND
Posted 4/11/2024 10:59 (#10702915 - in reply to #10702647)
Subject: RE: what is with memorial money made out to charities?

North Dakota, USA
gene_champ - 4/11/2024 07:48

if someone give me a memorial check for sandy, made out to a charitable organization why don't they just donate it themselves? is there some custom that i am unware of. looks like i need to send the check to the origination now. so far there are no checks to organizations i cant support, like planned parenthood, but still seems like backhanded way to donate to a memorial.

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't think I have missed a single one of your posts as you have gone through this journey.

I have always just given a donation to the family to use as they wish. To me it seems tacky to give a donation to an organization I support in the name of someone who may not support it. The family should be able to decide that for themselves where it should go. Also, I think it comes across as greedy for charities to suggest making memorial donations to them as if they know better than the grieving family where the my donation should go. Things like this are remembered when I am deciding where to donate for myself.

Sometimes the funds may be needed to pay some of their loved ones final expenses and if that is what the family decides to do with it, that is just fine with me.

Eric in ND

Edited by Eric in ND 4/11/2024 11:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)