AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the likelihood of a repeat large tornado hitting the same areas years apart?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FarmerTom4440
Posted 4/6/2024 08:49 (#10695969 - in reply to #10695882)
Subject: RE: What is the likelihood of a repeat large tornado hitting the same areas years apart?

Seen some interesting weather patterns and events in rural Montana. Rain events mixed with nearly vertical winds seemed to be influenced by terrain and elevation. We'd note the forecasted wind direction in the closest towns which aren't close at all. And out in the hilly rural areas mixed with fields the wind direction would not be consistent or even the same as what was forecasted in the closest towns. This provided a glimpse at how the varied terrain is much like the wind out there.

I needed to make a phone call and could only get a signal along a highway in between towns. Was pulled over in a pickup on a graveled spot and was on the phone when an approaching rain cloud arrived. The location was lower than the surrounding hills. It appeared that the change in elevation (lower) at that spot affected the rain cloud. The wind and rain pounded and rocked the pickup. Could barely hear the person whom I was on the phone talking with due to the loud roar of wind and rain. With my history of experiencing tornadoes, it certainly was present in the mind about what if a tornado might form from the cloud. The nearest town in Montana and outlying areas do have a history with tornadoes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)