AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any airlock/rotary valve experts out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 3/27/2024 09:38 (#10682442 - in reply to #10681916)
Subject: RE: Any airlock/rotary valve experts out there?

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
Lumangear - 3/26/2024 20:35

Working on a project in the shop. Attempting to deliver dry insecticide into the furrow. Have smatboxes now and hate them. It takes very little air flow to move this product but having issues introducing the granules into the airflow. I made a vacuum air pump setup but hose length throws a wrench into things. I have looked at rotary valves but can't find anything close to the size I need. Half inch hose would be ideal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Valmar (now part of Salford) had units to deliver dry low volume herbicide/insecticide. They used a venturi system to introduce the product to the air stream. Worked well and extremely accurate. However they did not try to run with 1/2" hose. Gandy did something similar.

The other way to do this is to pressurize your tank and meter and just meter your product into the air stream. Everything needs to be sealed up well to make this work.

I think that trying to implement a rotary airlock for this application is not very practical.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)