AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Treating wood fence posts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/19/2024 05:56 (#10671001 - in reply to #10670708)
Subject: RE: Treating wood fence posts

central - east central Minnesota -

mlfarms1 - 3/18/2024 20:23 What are your suggestions, experience, advice? I've read plenty about used motor oil and diesel fuel or charing the post with a weed burner. I'd like to use Creosote but of course thats nearly outlawed without a license/permit. I've read about folks making their own creosote by mixing roofing tar with gasoline or mineral spirits to thin it down. I have used a product called creo-coat in the past and it just doesn't seem like it'll live up to the original creosote. Anything you guys have used that works? We dig a post hole and then backfill with drainage rock. 

The foundation coating (heavy oil/tar like product) from Menards. It's a good petro based product. Paint on a couple coats - especially the top foot where the soil line is.  https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/insulation/foundation-insulation-coatings/sealbest-reg-professional-grade-non-fibered-foundation-coating/1531604/p-1444444993260-c-9532.htm    .
I wonder what would happen if a guy sprinkled copper sulfate granules around the top foot of soil against the wood ?
Display Product Image 1

Edited by iseedit 3/19/2024 05:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)