AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RIVN and Amazon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JRosenberger
Posted 3/17/2024 15:09 (#10668736)
Subject: RIVN and Amazon

Milford, IL
Unusual sight today - I stopped in at the local Caseys - both of our young boys have an illness and at their request I picked up two coke slushies and one donut. As I left the parking lot, a 4500/5500 Dodge Ram, hotshot trucker style, no bed half fenders and a long open center car hauler trailer pulled up to the single '4 way' flashing stop sign in the center of Milford, IL. Nevermind the irony of a diesel pickup dragging two freshly constructed electric delivery vehicles to their new center of operation - I mostly wonder - what is the Amazon strategy with the new delivery vehicles? Will they be based at the 'fulfillment centers' or will they have one parked in little towns with a home based employee/driver? Why would the hotshot trucker take a route from the Rivian factory in Bloomington, IL through Milford - there is no fulfillment center nearby and no room on his trailer for more load. Driver came into town from the West and headed North on Route 1.

Currently our area is served by a guy in a white Subaru sedan with an 'Amazon delivery' sticker stuck to the door.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)