AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family trip going to North Carolina
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 3/17/2024 13:38 (#10668630 - in reply to #10668210)
Subject: RE: Family trip going to North Carolina

nw NC
If you are going through Charleston, W.VA and heading to NC, most drivers from that area use I-77 through W.VA and VA into NC then I-74/US 52 into Winston-Salem to I-40 through Greensboro to Raleigh and on to Wilmington area where most of the tourist beaches are the destination. The North Carolina coastline is more than 300 miles . Heavy tourism is in the southeast and then the outer banks area ( mostly just drive through it) northeast of that. This includes the Outer Banks islands which are in total more than 175 miles long. Part of the Banks is drive-able on highway #12 from Hatteras to Corolla (approx 93 miles ) if storms have not washed it out again.

If you come into NC using the 77-74/52 route you will soon see Pilot Mountain State Park. A must see! A very good visitor center there and then drive to very near the top for excellent view of northwestern North Carolina. Before you get to Pilot Mountain you will either have bypassed or come through Mt Airy, NC , home town of Andy Griffith. Tourist area in downtown is kind of "Mayberry" themed. Our farm is located 5 miles southeast of the Pilot Mountain Park.

Not too far from I-77 in Southwest VA is Meadows of Dan, Va. on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very near there is Mabry Mill, a very much visited stop by everyone traveling the Parkway. It would be worth your time to go a few miles out of your way to see it. The mill building and pond is said to be the most photographed location on the entire length of the parkway.

Pictures below shows map with Charleston W VA as red bullseye.
Pilot Mountain State Park as seen from northwest of it.
Mabry Mill.
Length of NC coastline.
View of Pilot Mountain State Park from our farm.

Edited by WJKEIGER 3/17/2024 17:19

(Capture. NC VA W. VA (full).JPG)

(Capture pilot mountain US 52-I-74 (full).JPG)

(IMG_0805 (Large) (full).JPG)

(Capture.JPG NC Coast (full).JPG)

(IMG_1097 (Large) (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Capture. NC VA W. VA (full).JPG (140KB - 23 downloads)
Attachments Capture pilot mountain US 52-I-74 (full).JPG (75KB - 25 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0805 (Large) (full).JPG (180KB - 26 downloads)
Attachments Capture.JPG NC Coast (full).JPG (121KB - 28 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1097 (Large) (full).JPG (125KB - 22 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)