AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Favorite Farm Job/Season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 3/16/2024 19:36 (#10667690 - in reply to #10667412)
Subject: RE: Favorite Farm Job/Season

Ludington/Manistee MI area

Planting season over harvest any day.  Spring the optimism of the next crop. Pasture and hayfields are greening up, leaves back on the trees, bluegills on the beds(hopefully),  tractor pulls not to far off,  depending on your calving season new calves, more consistent comfortable temperatures.  Here in west Michigan October and November with the cussed lake to my west it’s drizzly, cloudy, and rainy.   I’m always nervous about getting the weather to finish harvest especially if you have a significant breakdown and with the cussed lake you get lake effect snow.   I’ve equated fall the year being on hospice - - bad things coming.  In the spring the equipment has been through the shop and hopefully ready in the fall your typically limping something along.   

I don’t know if I have a favorite task.   Bean and small grain planting is high on my list, assuming it feeds good I enjoy round baling,  being around the cattle, the first part of bean harvest.  Honestly I enjoy wrenching during the winter but emergency repairs while the piece of equipment should be running not so much.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)