AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JCB 270 skid loader quirks and warm up...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

timjohn
Posted 3/11/2024 14:38 (#10661458)
Subject: JCB 270 skid loader quirks and warm up...

SE Wisconsin
I bought a brand new JCB 270 wheeled machine this December for my dad to use feeding cows and pushing snow. I will say the things I like are the side entry and visibility. its awesome. My 76 year old father no longer has to climb over the bucket or spear in ice and snow. Makes me very happy.

The thing we are frustrated with is the operation of the machine until it "warms up." Upon delivery, the salesman told me there is a built in safety feature that puts the machine in "limp mode" more or less until it warms up enough. This way that thick oil/hydraulic fluid has warmed up enough etc. But I will tell you it takes 20 minutes in the winter to warm up properly. The machine is parked in a cold machine shed. It was 40 degrees this weekend. I started up the skid loader and it still probably took 15 minutes of warming up to get decent full function control of it. Its very frustrating to have to warm up a machine for 15-20 minutes for a 5 minute use.

I have 2 other Bobcats I have used for years... For them, I walk to the shed, start the machine, then go to the barn and start chores or a project and 5 minutes later go hop in the bobcat to haul a bale of hay or pallet of feed etc. I am not beating on the machine, but even ice cold, those older machines still respond as normal, just slow...

Any one else have experience with this machine?
Thanks
Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)