AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid era SteerCommand Z2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/4/2024 13:11 (#10651208 - in reply to #10647381)
Subject: Sucess but I don't know why

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This morning I went to my local Ag Leader dealer. We connected my Steer Command SCM to an InCommand 1200 of theirs that also been updated to firmware V 9.2.

It seemed to behave properly in their shop with normal indications. Diagnostics showed that my Steer Command was running V 4.2 which is current. We then removed my Steer Command Z2 and attached one they had on hand. It had not been updated. The display gave the warning that the SCM needed to be updated. We agreed to the update and after several minutes, the system indicated that it had finished and the update was successful.

I took mine home and put it back in my tractor where it always lives. I turned on my InCommand and indications were fine. Diagnostics showed the SCM to be on V 4.2 just as shown at the dealership. I waited until Terra Star converged and went out to do some testing. The Steer Command behaved properly on some old AB lines. I then turned on the Free temporary Turn Point unlock. Turn Point worked very well. I made some adjustments to the turn screen and then the turn changed somewhat so the "planter" would stay within the field. It looked very good. Apparently my update for the SCM had been successful after all.

I have no explanation as to why I got the error messages shown above last Friday yet it seems fine today. I don't remember if I did a complete shutdown and restart last Friday before I removed it.

I expect that I will be purchasing the unlock as we could make use of it for planting and a few other operations.

Edited by tedbear 3/4/2024 13:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)