AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid era SteerCommand Z2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/1/2024 18:25 (#10647276)
Subject: Covid era SteerCommand Z2

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I purchased a Steer Command Z2 to be used with my InCommand 1200 in my Deere 8310R. This was during the Covid era. It is my understanding that due to a chip shortage Ag Leader made some Z2's without a certain chip. These Z2's would work fine with a CAN installation such as my tractor but not other situations using other steering methods. Supposedly it was a bit cheaper since I didn't get the chip. It worked fine for me.

Last year due to an update for the display, I needed to make an update to the Steering Control Module as well. It wouldn't take for some reason and my dealer sent it in. It was returned with no charge and I didn't get an explanation of what was done. It worked fine.

A week ago I updated the InCommand 1200 in that tractor to V 9.2. Today when I tried to use it to check auto steer I got the message that I needed to update the Steering Control module also. I allowed that process to begin. It took a while but seemed to finish. I then got the warning message again so once again I allowed it to update. After this time, indications seemed normal. It did not indicate that the update to the steering had failed or was successful.

Upon trying to use Auto Steer, I got the message shown below. I then tried updating just the Steering module with the current update file for it. I receive the second message below.

My speculation is that the "normal" update for the Steering module is not "taking" since my module is missing a chip. Has anyone else experienced this?

I could send it in but I'm thinking that maybe all I need is a special somewhat different update file which pertains to my oddball situation. Anyone else experienced this?

I can see why Ag Leader might not list this somewhat unusual situation with their updates since it may not pertain to many users and only create confusion. Then again I could be completely wrong. Had I not updated, I believe things would still function. We were interested in trying TurnPath which was the main motivation for the upgrade.

Edited by tedbear 3/1/2024 19:08

(IMG_2476 (full).JPG)

(IMG_2477 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2476 (full).JPG (61KB - 50 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2477 (full).JPG (69KB - 44 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)