AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid era SteerCommand Z2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/2/2024 07:01 (#10647743 - in reply to #10647455)
Subject: RE: Covid era SteerCommand Z2

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for your continued help.

I understand that the current SteerCommand Z2 is available in the Deere CAN only style. This would result in a different pricing and would be attractive to those who only need the Deere CAN capabilities. They would be functionally equivalent to what I have.

My thinking is that although mine may be functionally equivalent to those models, it might not be truly identical thus causing the problem of installing the published SCM update file.

I'm thinking that those of us in my situation (I have no idea how many that might be) need a special SCM update file which is not available from the website. Supposing this is all true, I can see where Ag Leader would not want to publicly offer this on the website since it doesn't apply to many and would tend to confuse the issue.

The error message I show in the original post tends to make me believe that I am attempting to install an update that is not appropriate. I am assuming (always dangerous) that this is due to the lack of the chip in my unit.

I suspect my dealer will end up sending it to Ag Leader. Possibly there is something wrong with my particular unit. Maybe the missing chip story has nothing to do with it. I'm confident it will work out since the problem appeared last year under the same circumstances and they installed an update that worked very well.

Edited by tedbear 3/2/2024 07:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)