AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Livestock auction rant?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 3/1/2024 17:54 (#10647237 - in reply to #10647232)
Subject: RE: Livestock auction rant?

SE Manitoba
johndeere1 - 3/1/2024 17:50

dabeegmon - 3/1/2024 15:28

johndeere1 - 3/1/2024 12:47

garvo - 3/1/2024 12:20

I'm just a cattle feeder-I would guess that the cowman will just bypass the cattle feeder in 10 years and just feed them out himself-it’s really easy work, compared to running cows.

Got that right.

well - - - - mr. johndeere1 - - - - here in this goofy land called canuckistan the big issue that we have with fats is the bloody market.
There are 2 big houses in the west and one moderate sized one in the east.
There are also a few small slaughter places but they really don't matter much.
In fact I'd bet that Garvo finishes enough beeves to satisfy most any one of the smaller slaughter places.

So the big issue is - - - how do you get a bid on your fats?
Auction mart don't want them - - - - how do you get JBS or Cargill to give you a bid?
If you've got an answer for that I would say that you're right on the money - - - - every cow calf guy should finish out their stuff - - - - except there is that glaring hole in the equation - - - - in Canuckistan anyway - - - -

How do you get a bid??? You pick up the phone and say “hey this is dabeegmon. What’s the bid and kill date for fats”. It’s that easy.

As I don't have either the experience nor the time left to get that I don't think I'm going to attempt that - - - - 30 years ago it might have been an idea - - - - today - - - - not going to chase that one!

Good luck if you can though!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)