AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop Rates! WOW!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 2/19/2024 15:44 (#10630662 - in reply to #10630481)
Subject: RE: Shop Rates! WOW!

East of Broken Bow
SoDak Farms - 2/19/2024 12:49

Odds are they’d use a little dab and charge you for the whole container. Labeled under “shop supplies.”

The last time I had work done at the dealership, I got charged for a full tube of grease (they greased a total of 6 zerks) a full can of penetrating oil (what I brought in was rust free, if I was doing it at home I likely wouldn't have used any) a full roll of shop towels (again, small project that I can't see using more than a half dozen towels or so), and then ON TOP OF THAT, I got a charge for over $100 for 'shop supplies'.
I could also go on about how the labor charge was more than triple the estimate, but if I do, I'll probably get worked up and wind up using language that gets me banned. I will say that part of the reason the bill was so high was because the dealership ordered the wrong parts twice, and I had to pay for them to try and put it together with parts that wouldn't fit only to have to take it apart - twice!!!

Fortunately, I have found an old semi-retired ex dealer mechanic that will work on my old equipment for $80 an hour. Once I was so greatful he got me worked in, and charged me so reasonably, I gave him a package of home raised T-bone steaks. The next time he worked on something for me he took a little off the bill because he really liked the steaks (and he got a bunch more).

Edited by HuskerJ 2/19/2024 15:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)