AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here is a scenario i can see happening.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 2/17/2024 06:57 (#10626905 - in reply to #10626874)
Subject: RE: Here is a scenario i can see happening.

Nw Iowa
I agree on yield, 177 has been where it is at. I also think with current economics that a lot will not spend to get extra few bushels.Went to insurance meeting on Thursday and they had Eric Snodgrass speak. He basically said that with ground not frozen in most areas that a heavy March snow storm would make a lot of difference to start the year. He also mentioned that with ground not frozen early in the winter that that moisture soaked in as well. We are very dry here but it really depends upon spring rains.
Snodgrass did not buy into the drought cycles and sunspots and everything else, basically said you could really only predict weather patterns and that was only so many days in advance. He felt across the corn belt that we were in pretty good shape as a whole and that if there was a drought it would be later growing season one. He did warn that where current jet stream was and some other things that he was concerned the severe weather( tornado alley) would be more north of its usual pattern. ( Another weather guy on YouTube mentioned the same thing last night.)So went home with no magic how to sell remaining bushels.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)