AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monoslope or any cattle barn guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 2/18/2024 10:04 (#10628508 - in reply to #10619715)
Subject: RE: Monoslope or any cattle barn guys

SE IA
garvo - 2/12/2024 04:53

(2011)the nice people at epa and dnr had me convinced i was going to pay hefty fines and be out of business in short order,i signed up for the grants and did all the leg work for a manure management plan as they wanted me to put all the cattle under roof in 1 year-some odd reason one morning I just stopped and realized I wanted to build all the buildings myself and did not like the engineering hoops they wanted me to jump thru
We started tearing out a 700 head open lot with over 1,000 yards of concrete less then 10 years old and started over
so far -so good,i have no manure that runs away,I can control that with the buildings
in 2011 i had no money extra to pay a contractor,on 16 buildings we probably saved $30,000 per building
I started with 1 building the first year and continued,its more management then open lots but not wanting to fight mud I guess.
I was 50 years old when I started-
I still think a guy has to start with 1 building,and 100 head to a building is enough to get to know if you want down that road,In Iowa it pays more so in summer then winter'
I show a lot of buildings to ag talk members,we have 3 differnt styles that are bedding pack,I have no desire to go to slats

Are you getting equal or similar performance out of your gables or monoslope buildings?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)